Monday, February 10, 2014

Michael Sam "I am a proud gay man"

Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay on Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.

"I understand how big this is," he tells ESPN "It's a big deal. No one has done this before. And it's kind of a nervous process, but I know what I want to be. ... I want to be a football player in the NFL."
Michael Sam, 24, had already told close friends and last August came out to his teammates during a preseason training camp when the coaches asked players to tell "a little about ourselves." 


"I just want to make sure I could tell my story the way I want to tell it," he tells the Times. "I just want to own my truth."
The Texas-raised, 6' 2", 260-lb. senior leaves Missouri as one the nation's top college players. He was defensive player of the year in the Southeastern Conference and his teammates voted him most valuable player. He is predicted to be drafted into the NFL in the third round this May.  

 
 

bina fink, binafink.com, bina fink kohl, bina kohl fink,Bina Kohl Bina Fink Kohl public relations



No comments:

Post a Comment